Welcome to A spoonful of goodies. I was very doubtful about what my first post should be and I decided to go with a big ol’ cupcake recipe.
You should be thinking: what? cupcakes? that’s soo old fashioned… Maybe but I don’t really care. Cupcakes are one of my favourite cakes, they are the reason of my baking (little) journey and they deserve the first post!
This are Earl Grey cupcakes (yeah, very british).
This recipe is an adaption of Cupcake Jemma‘s Earl Grey cupcakes.
(makes about 10 cupcakes)
- 150ml of whole milk
- 2 Earl Grey tea bags
- 125g of usaltedbutter (I used margarine)
- 125g of flour. Sifted.
- 125g of Caster sugar. (I mixed brown and normal sugar)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp of bicarbonate soda
- 2 free-range eggs
- Preheat the oven at 170ºC
- Heat the milk until almost boiling. Pour the two tea bags and let it infused for 3-5 minutes. Retire the tea bags and let it until cool.
- In a large bowl pour the butter, flour, sugar, bicarbonate sugar and the two eggs.
- Mix it for 60 seconds with an stand mixer or a hand mixer.
- Pour 1/3 of the infused milk and mix again until combined.
- Fill a 12 cupcake tin (with cases on it) until 3/4 of each cupcake case is full.
- Bake them for about 20-22 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
I’m not a big fan of buttercream and I decided not to decorate my cakes. Although, I will leave here a buttercream perfect for this precious and soft cakes.
- 150g of unsalted butter
- 340g of icing sugar
- 2/3 of the infused milk from the batter.
(Make sure to let your cakes cool completely before decorating them)
That’s all! Give them a go and I will see you in my next post.
Happy baking! x